TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTION SHEET
You have been tattooed by a trained professional using proper sterilization and the finest tattooing pigments available.
By following these simple aftercare instructions, your tattoo will heal properly and look great for years to come.
1. Keep the bandage on for 4 – 24 hours. Overnight bandage with a morning shower is ideal. DO NOT remove the bandage until you are ready to wash your tattoo.
2. Immediately, upon removing the bandage, wash the tattoo using an unscented or mild soap such as (Dove). Using lukewarm water & your hand (no washcloth), wash the tattoo a few times to remove any of the ointment & bodily fluids. Wash the tattoo 2-3 times daily for the entire healing period (2-3 weeks).
3. Pat the tattoo with a dry, clean, soft towel then let air dry.
4. Repeat this cleaning process for the first 2-3 days with no lotion.
5. Start applying lotion on day 2-3 when the tattoo has begun to dry out.
6. Using your clean fingertips apply a thin layer of unscented moisturizer to your tattoo (any unscented white LOTION, like Aveeno, Lubriderm, Curel). Apply in thin layers that can air dry, NOT GREASY. (No petroleum based gels)
7. Your tattoo will begin to peel in 3-7 days. DO NOT PICK. Let the peelings fall off naturally.
8. NO SWIMMMING, SAUNAS, or HOT TUBS for 2 to 4 weeks after a new tattoo.
9. Avoid direct sunlight on your tattoo for 2 weeks. This includes TANNING BOOTHS.
10. Do NOT shave over your tattoo for about two weeks.
11. Your tattoo should be finished peeling in 7 to 10 days but a full heal inside and out can be up to 2 months. Bruising, discomfort, peeling, itchiness should be expected for the first week.
12. If at any point you see any signs of infections or anything irregular from the normal healing process. Increase washing, decrease lotion. Monitor for 2-3 days. If problems persists please contact your DOCTOR.
Sola Fide Tattoo Society